Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

1.3- Band Raven!

Dear Diary-
YES! I’m finally here at Bridgeport. I told the taxi cab driver the address, and he pulled up next to this amazing skyscraper. God, was this the right address. I asked, and it was! (Author’s note: you probably think I cheated using motherlode, but I didn’t. Actually all of them separately made it up almost exactly.) Nervously I stepped towards this massive ‘home’. I have only been to the city once, and I was only 7. I could hardly remember, but now, back staring at these skyscrapers, those memories  poured  back into my eyes.
I looked through the window, and saw a girl running expertly on the treadmill on top speed. She was blessed with beautiful natural chocolate brown hair, tanned skin, and, by the looks of it, natural fitness. Pulling my eyes from her, I stepped through the obvious front door.
The down stairs living room/lobby was quite nice and pastel.  I noticed a glass door…
There were actually 3 doors. I went into one of the rooms. I couldn’t believe it had a swimming pool! Another was the gym, where that pretty girl was working out…
I came to what I thought was the games room. I found the 2 remaining band members. There was little dorky Mason James, all grown up. But still just as cute. There was a girl also playing shuffle board. She won and started jeering in a kind way, and Mason just swore at her. I couldn’t help but laugh. The girl turned and started calling me over…
“Hey, guitar girl, come over… We don’t bite… hard….” She joked around…
I freaked out… ok, I’d always been odd, but now I was terrified. Mason looked serious (and snotty). I got so worried, but then he said to the girl
“Shall we let this… girl into our mansion?” I could tell he was joking so I immediately relaxed.
“Yes, we should” The girl played along “My name is Ella-Bay Joans, but you will address me as Bay” I had a feeling me and Bay were going to be great friends!
Hey! What about me!” Mason joked, pretending to throw a tantrum.
“Sorry, This is Mason James-“”You got it!” Mason said, sounding like a game host. I tried my hardest not to laugh, but a couple of giggles still spilled out.
He had that cute grin, so carefree. All those feeling I’d saved for him came rushing back. I know I’d once fancied him, but I thought I was over him… But maybe I wasn’t
Remember it’s MASON… MASON JAMES!” He shouted loudly into Bay’s face, like she always forgot.
I forgot about being serious and trying to make a good impression, and started to joke around. I stopped being the serious person I had been, and went back to being the old Renn Raven, the one before Dad died, the tomboy. They both seemed to like my best silly face, the one I only saved for best friends. I came out of my shell, and I didn’t see the world as a dark place, but filled with colour, and fun. I’d missed out so much for 4 years. Thank god for Mason and Bay
”So immature …” Mason said looking serious
”Really Mr-What’s- my- name” I said, copying his points, and little routine. Both of them burst out laughing. I tried to look serious, but I lost it too
”You did it all wrong!” Mason said, redoing it all
Me and Bay did the High school dance. Any girl from Similand knew this dance. It was like a tradition. It mainly was used when girls were mad. It was so much fun.
”ARH! Mad Girls at whatever o’clock!!”
Then everything went weird. After jumping severel times, Bay’s hand somehow slippednonto Mason’s waist.He jumped back like he was stung by a hornet. “Guys! Seriously!  What if Katie saw! “
”Renn seriously!”
I couldn’t help myself, as I sprung into the air I never felt so embarrassed.
“Renn, Katie’s at the door!” They both whispered at literally the same time
”Are you trying to flirt with my boyfriend!” Said a voice behing me. It was that pretty girl, who I think was called Katie. I felt my cheeks go redder than my hair, as I stuttered out a small
“N…No”
I tried to think of a good to think ofa good excuse for jumping up infront of a boyfriend…
But I sure we didn’t look suspious (sarcasm, we were blushing like mad)
So… I guess you’ve met my boyfriend then…” Katie said, pulling Mason’s arm around her, obviously signallingthat her boy was taken
”Oh boy is this awkward…” Mason muttered, while Bay was deep in thought
Look!” She said, making her hands mouths “This is Mason, and this is Katie. Oh, look there kissing” She made her hands ‘kiss’. I guess she loved rubbing it in.
I stood there smilling, while inside I was dying.
”Right, we need to practice our music. You, hotstuff, especially”
”Didn’t you ever think it was because I’m such a bad boy?” I wanted to puke

They carried on flirting for ages, untill I seriously wanted to puke, when..
I saw that all the time they flirted, Mason was watching me…
Look! I mean, was he trying to hit on me?
I told Bay, and she said that ever since  he found out that I was going to move in with them, he was like a small boy because apparently he had a crush on me before…
We giggled while those to kept flirting… I knew I had at least 1 friend, but what about Mason and Katie? But I hadn’t come to have my heart torn, I was here to make music, and make music is what I’m going to do!
I know not much happened, I just wanted to introduce the characters. BTW, Renn is going to get her ponytails back

No comments:

Post a Comment